Terms of Trade
Terms and Conditions
Bookings are essential and pre-payment is required to confirm a booking. ATB reserves the right to amend timetables, cancel departures, substitute plant or equipment and alter ticket prices at any time. See terms and conditions.
- ATB shall not be held responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of public transport, change of schedule, strikes, vehicle breakdown, Acts of God, or other conditions.
- The right is reserved to decline to accept or retain at any time any participant in any tour.
- If any person riding in such a manner that it causes damage to the bike then that person is liable to pay for the fixing of the bike and for any replacement parts that may be required.
- Helmets must be worn at all times on cycling tours.
Cancellations by the Operator
- The Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel any service as a result of weather conditions, insufficient reservations or any other unforeseen event or circumstances.
- Cancellation or modification by the Customer
- Up until 24 hours prior to the date and time of pre paid travel the Customer may change or even totally cancel the booking. These changes should be made directly with the Operator.
- Within 24 hours any modification to the booking is at the absolute discretion of the Operator and may incur a fee up to a maximum of 100% of the price paid for the activity or service.
- In the event that a pre paid reservation is not utilised by the Customer without any notification to the Operator no reimbursement will be given.
Refunds – the Operator reserves the right to assess cancellations on a case by case basis and any decision on refunds is entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
Any decision regarding an exception to the stated policy will be made entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
Cancellations will require notification to be done in writing by the person taking the tour.
- A cancellation 90 days or more prior to departure will result in a loss of 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellations made between 90 days and 60 days prior will result in full loss of deposit.
- Cancellations made between 60 and 30 days will result in a 50% loss of full tour cost.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to tour departure will result in 100% loss of full tour cost.
We will allow you to transfer the amount paid to another tour if done so more than 60 days prior to departure, an administration cost of $40NZ will apply.
Changing tours within 60 days prior to departure will be considered a cancellation of the tour, the booking and cancellation policy above will then apply.
We will secure your tour booking on receipt of a 33% deposit. Tour balance to be paid no less than 60 days prior to tour departure. By making the deposit payment you are deemed to have accepted Around The Basins Terms and Conditions.
There will be no refunds once a tour has commenced. Therefore, we recommend you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident and baggage, as well as money and public liability.
Safety Terms & Customer Declaration
There are inherent risks, dangers and hazards in adventure activities, which includes cycling, mountain biking and hiking. We will endeavor to make your trip as safe as possible, but not all risks, dangers and hazards can be anticipated or avoided. You are expressly assuming those risks personally and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law, releasing the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including, but not limited to:
- Personal injury or death
- Property loss or damage
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder
1 - In participating in the activity I, the passenger, agree to the conditions set out as above and consent to the conditions in clauses 1A to 1F below and 2 to 7.
- A) I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next of kin are bound by the terms and conditions.
- B) I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils set out in B above and to indemnify the Operator against any such claims.
- C) I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer no medical conditions, which may be aggravated by this activity.
- D) I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of this treatment.
- E) I agree that any films, sound, video or other recordings taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval.
- F) I agree to listen to my driver/guide, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
2 - This voucher is issued as an agent for the Operator providing the services and activities described, and are non-transferable.
3 - The selling agent and or Operator accept no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
4 - This voucher is based on fares and tariffs, which are, to the best of the Operators knowledge, correct at the time of issue. Any increases since the date of issue are at the cost of the passenger payable to the Operator.
5 - Cancellations – the Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel any service as a result of weather conditions, insufficient reservations or any other unforeseen event or circumstances.
6 - Refunds – the Operator reserves the right to assess cancellations on a case by case basis and any decision on refunds is entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
7 - Any decision regarding an exception to the stated policy will be made entirely at the discretion of the Operator.