The Basin Explorer A full Day Supported Tour Exploring the Queenstown countryside by mountain bike.
Please note we require a minimum of 4 people to ensure this trip will run.
|See it all… This is more than just a bike ride.|
|Lakes, river gorges, suspension bridges, Bungy and a winery.|
|Riding catered to suit your ability and desires.|
|No worries, we’ll support you along the way.|
|We’ll get you sorted with everything for your ride, lunch included.|
|We’ll shout you a wine tasting!|
The Basin Explorer mountain bike journey begins with a scenic transfer from your Queenstown accommodation through to the historic gold mining village of Arrowtown. Here you are given thorough directions, a trail map and navigation tips before setting off on your mountain bike. From Arrowtown you will warm into your ride, following the beautiful Arrow River Trail down stream to where it meets the Kawarau River. You’ll ride across 2 spectacular suspension bridges and then join the original miners trail that crosses the famous Kawarau suspension bridge, home of the the worlds first Bungy jump. Enjoy a lunch platter with a relaxed and complimentary wine tasting in the Gibbston Valley.
The afternoon is catered to your needs, after discussing all the options with your guide you choose what section you’d like to ride to match your ability and motivation. This allows a greater level of customisation and the opportunity for you to ride as much or as little as you wish to finish your day totally satisfied. You’ll be back in Queenstown any time before 5.30pm.
This trip can be catered to any level of rider and is well supported along the way by your dedicated tour guide. Please note that your guide will not be riding the trail with you, but will meet you with the vehicle at frequent support locations along the way, allowing you to hitch a ride if required. Minimum biking distance is 15kms, maximum is up to the rider! All trails are off-road.
Guarantee the good times. Upgrade to an electric bike it’s only $50 more…
Would you like one of our local guides to ride the trail with you?
A guide riding the trail with you can be booked in addition to your vehicle support. For enquiries – please email email@example.com .
Only have a half day available? This is the ride for you.
9.00 AM: Transportation
- Let us shuttle you to the start of your ride.
- Chat to our local drivers and get to know the person who will be supporting you on your ride.
9.20 AM – 9.30 AM: Briefing and Begin Biking
- Your tour guide will brief you on bike safety, trail navigation and how your tour will work.
- Have a look around the historic gold mining town of Arrowtown – grab a morning coffee.
- The first leg of your full day tour is a relaxed ride following the Arrow River Trail.
9.45 PM – 12.15 PM: Bike The Basin
- Ride over multiple swing bridges and enjoy the river views.
- Meet your tour guide at designated locations along the trail to ensure you are on track.
- Relax in the support vehicle for a section if the legs have had enough of riding.
- Cross the Karawau Bungy Bridge – the first bungy jumping location in the world.
- Visit a Gibbston Valley winery for your included tasting and lunch platter.
12.15 PM to 1.30 PM: Explore Arrowtown
1.30 PM: Afternoon Riding
- Be shuttled certain sections as needed and see the highlights of the trail.
- Leave extra gear in the support vehicle as required.
- See beautiful vistas of mountains, lakes and rivers
4.30 PM : Shuttle Back To Queenstown
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||9 Duke Street, Queenstown|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive by 8:45 AM for a prompt departure at 9:00 AM (Accommodation Pick Up Available)|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 5.00 PM|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, shoes, jacket and sunscreen.|