There are inherent risks, dangers and hazards in adventure activities, which includes cycling, mountain biking and hiking. We will endeavour to make your trip as safe as possible, but not all risks, dangers and hazards can be anticipated or avoided. You are expressly assuming those risks personally and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law, releasing the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including, but not limited to:
- Property loss or damage
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder
1. In participating in the activity I, the passenger, agree to the conditions set out as above and consent to the conditions in clauses 1A to 1G below and 2 to 7.
A) I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next of kin are bound by the terms and conditions.
B) I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils set out in B above and to indemnify the Operator against any such claims.
C) I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer no medical conditions, which may be aggravated by this activity.
D) I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of this treatment.
E) I agree that any films, sound, video or other recordings taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval.
F) I agree to listen to my driver/guide, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
G) I agree to wear a provided helmet at all times while riding.
2. Any vouchers issued by an agent for the Operator Around The Basin is non-transferable.
3. The selling agent and or Operator accept no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
4. This voucher is based on fares and tariffs, which are, to the best of the Operators knowledge, correct at the time of issue. Any increases since the date of issue are at the cost of the passenger payable to the Operator.
5. Cancellations / Refunds by the Operator –
The Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel any service as a result of weather conditions, insufficient reservations or any other unforeseen event or circumstances- a booking re-scheduling or full refund will be arranged.
6. Cancellation or modification by the Customer –
Up until 24 hours prior to the date and time of pre paid travel the Customer may change or even totally cancel the booking. These changes should be made directly with the Operator.
Cancellations made within 24 hours prior to tour departure will not be refunded.
Cancellations for groups of 10 or more participants require 72 hours notice or full charges apply.
In the event that a pre paid reservation is not utilised by the Customer without any notification to the Operator no reimbursement will be given. “No-shows” will be charged full tour price.
A re-scheduling fee may be charged if change is made within 24 hours of tour departing.
7. Refunds – the Operator reserves the right to assess cancellations on a case by case basis and any decision on refunds is entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
8. Any decision regarding an exception to the stated policy will be made entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
9. Billing by the Operator –
All prices displayed on the website, cart and checkout are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD$).
The name ‘Around The Basin’ will be reflected on your credit card statement.